Wednesday, August 29, 2007

the bittersweet

the sweet, first: Maud Newton used the little blurb I wrote for her about Casco Bay Books, despite the fact that I totally failed to make good on my plans to write something longer and better, as well as my plans to ask her to link to me here if she was going to link to me anywhere.

the bitter: For the first time in years, my vacation to Maine was so whirlwind that I didn't make it to the store. Turns out, though, that I would have been even more sad if I had gotten there. Apparently, my favorite book store in the world is no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, I'm so sorry about the demise of Casco Bay Books! But I have changed the link to this site now, so that's something. Thanks again for writing in.

Maud

myrrh said...

A blurb on Maud Newton! You're totally a celebrity! I can't believe Casco Bay Books closed... such a lovely little place. I get that awful gut-punched regret when I hear news like that, like, if only I'd gone without meals for a month and bought more books, maybe, maybe, maybe? I guess I'm just glad I got to go there and enjoy it while it existed.